Dear Parents and Guardians: The Chatham Central School District is required to maintain a list of persons in parental relation who wish to receive 48-hour prior written notice of certain pesticide applications.
The following pesticide applications are not subject to prior notification requirements:
• anti-microbial products
• nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper-resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children
• nonvolatile insecticidal baits in tamper-resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children
• silica gel and other nonvolatile ready-to-use pastes, foams, or gels in areas inaccessible to children
• boric acid and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate
• the application of EPA-designated biopesticides
• the application of EPA-designated exempt materials under 40 CFR §152.25
• the use of aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps, and hornets.
In addition, there will be no written notice of such application when a school remains unoccupied for a continuous 72 hours following an application. In the event of an emergency application necessary to protect against an imminent threat to human health, a good-faith effort will be made to supply written notification to those on the 48-hour prior notification list.
If you would like to receive 48-hour prior notification of pesticide applications that are scheduled to occur in your school, please duplicate and complete the form below and return it to the Main Office in your child’s school by September 18, 2020.