Visit our Response to Coronavirus Page for information on how our District is responding to the COVID-19 crisis
What to do if Your Child Becomes Sick
Please refer to the following resources if your child is exhibiting any symptoms of an illness at home or gets sent home from school due to illness.
Getting Your Questions/Concerns Addressed
In order to have your question or concern addressed quickly and effectively, please first contact the staff member most directly involved in the issue. If your question or concern remains unresolved, please proceed to the next level, as outlined on our Getting Your Questions Or Concerns Addressed guide
Chatham CSD Parent Involvement Groups
- Mary E. Dardess PTA Website
- CMS PTSA Facebook Page
- Fine Arts Booster Club Website
- Athletic Booster Club Website
Annual Professional Performance Review (APPR)
Under NYS Education Law 3012-c 10(b), parents or legal guardians of a student may request the final rating and the overall effectiveness score for each teacher and building principal their student is assigned to for the current school year. Only the teacher’s overall composite score (0-100) and rating (Highly Effective, Effective, Developing, and Ineffective) will be provided.
To request this information, you must fill out one of the following forms and mail or deliver it in person to Dr. Sal DeAngelo, Superintendent of Schools, Chatham Central School District, 50 Woodbridge Avenue, Chatham, NY 12037. No electronic requests will be accepted.
Asbestos Management Plan
In compliance with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA), an asbestos re-inspection of Asbestos Containing Building Material (ACBM) is performed in each school. The inspection findings are in the Asbestos Re-inspection Binder and are located in each school administrative office and in the office of the Director of Facilities. Learn more…
Child Abuse Reporting
- Information about the Child Abuse Hotline number is available here (La información sobre el número de Hotline de abuso infantil está disponible aquí) …
Codes of Conduct
COVID-19 Report Card
New York school districts are required to provide the Department of Health with daily data on the number of people who have tested positive for COVID-19 in each school. The information is publicly available on a new online dashboard developed by DOH.
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) was enacted in 2015, replacing the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act of 2002. ESSA sets high standards and contains policies that help prepare all students for success in college and future careers. It prioritizes excellence and equity, and recognizes the importance of supporting great educators in our nation’s schools. Learn more on our Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) webpage…
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- District Information on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- U.S. Department of Education FERPA Website
- Additional Student Privacy Information
Fire Inspection Information
CCSD undergoes annual fire safety inspections of all our buildings facilities for fire hazards which might endanger the lives of students, teachers, employees therein. To view CCSD’s annual fire inspection reports, please contact school business administrator Michael Chudy at 518-392-1534 or email@example.com.
NYS School Report Card
Parent Conference Scheduler (MED & CMS)
Parents’ Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
Pursuant to NYS Education Law, parents and students are entitled to certain protections regarding confidential student information. Our District is committed to safeguarding personally identifiable information from unauthorized access or disclosure. Learn more…
Chatham Central Schools offers parents and guardians our Parent Portal, an INTERNET based, individualized program that allows parents to electronically access your child’s educational records, including schedules, grades, attendance, and discipline. To learn more, please follow the links below.
- Parent Portal Access Form – download the form and open it in Adobe Reader to type into form
- Letter to Parents Introducing Parent Portal
- FAQ on Parent Portal
CCSD uses School Messenger for our automated notification system. The system also allows you to manage your communication preferences online, simply visit go.schoolmessenger.com and click on “Sign Up” to begin. You must use the email address you have on file with the District. Please contact your school’s main office with questions.
Sexual Harassment Policy (Title IX)
All forms of sexual harassment on school grounds, school buses and at all school-sponsored activities, programs and events including those that take place at locations outside the District are strictly prohibited. It is a violation of school policy for any student, staff member or third party (school visitor, vendor, etc.) to sexually harass any student, staff member, or third party.
Victims of sexual harassment and people with knowledge of sexual harassment are expected to promptly report the harassment. Such reports may be made to your building principal or the District Sexual Harassment Coordinator, John Thorsen, at 518-392-4142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The District will promptly investigate all complaints of sexual harassment, either formal or informal, verbal or written. To the extent possible, all complaints will be treated in a confidential manner.
For more information, refer to:
Smoking and Tobacco Use
Chatham Central School District is a tobacco-free environment. The use of tobacco products by staff, parents or visitors is prohibited at all times within the school buildings or on school property. The use and possession of tobacco products by students is prohibited on all school properties and school sponsored events. These rules apply to vaping and vaping products.
Social Media & Technology Parenting Resources
- 17 Sites and Apps Kids Are Heading to Beyond Facebook. This helpful article for parents, from the Common Sense Media Blog, provides an informative overview of the most popular social media sites and applications, and information about how children and teens are using them.
- Common Sense Media. This independent non-profit organization provides information and advice for families on positive ways to use media and technology.
Special Education Notice
If you suspect that your child may have a physical, cognitive, or emotional disability, you have the right to refer your child to the District’s Committee on Special Education for an evaluation, and a determination as to whether your child is eligible to receive special education services and programs.
State Assessment Data
The NYS Education Department provides statewide results of its Math and ELA assessments for grades 3-8.
State Testing Programs
- New York State Education Department Office of State Assessment Website. This site provides an overview of the state’s testing program for grades 3 through 8, and regents testing at the high school level.
Title I Parent & Family Engagement
Weather Closings and Delays
- Seasonal Flu Guide for Parents. The NYS Health Department requires all school districts to provide parents with information about influenza and the benefits of influenza immunizations.
- New York State PTA. This site lists various publications to help parents help their children with reading, homework and a host of other learning challenges.
- NYS Criminal Justice Department Website (Includes sex offender registry)
- The Partnership for Family Involvement in Educatiom A U.S. Dept. of Education sponsored site offering resources and ideas that promote parents involvement in education.
- Talking with Kids about Difficult Subjects. This site from Common Sense Media offers useful support to parents for improving parent-child communication.
- U.S. Department of Education. Information and guidance on many issues regarding the education and rearing of children are offered on different links on this site.
- Annual Child Find Notice
- Pesticide Application Notification Information
- Information for Parents on District use of Medicaid Funds