1) The first public comment period will be held at the beginning of the meeting in accordance with the following:
- A. The public comment period will not exceed 20 minutes in duration.
- B. Each speaker’s comment will not exceed three (3) minutes in duration.
- C. Speakers are to discuss school matters only and will comply with CCSD Policy #1510 in regard to content.
- D. Speakers will wait to be recognized by the BOE President, proceed to the designated spot for public comment, and will address comments to the BOE President.
- E. Speakers will not address individual board members directly.
- F. Speakers will state the following before making their comment:
1. Full name
2. Organization they represent (if applicable)
3. Agenda Item or matter of school business they wish to discuss.
- G. BOE President will enforce the public comment ground rules set forth above.
2) If a second public comment period is scheduled, it will be held just prior to the close of the meeting or adjournment into executive session in accordance with the following:
- A. The second public comment period will not exceed ten (10) minutes in duration.
- B. Each speaker’s comment will not exceed one (1) minute in duration.
- C. Speakers are to discuss current meeting’s agenda items only and will comply with CCSD Policy #1510 in regard to content.
- D. – G. Same as above under 1) first public comment period—Business Meetings.
The Board of Education (BOE) of the Chatham Central School District (CCSD) recognizes that questions may arise during Workshop Meeting presentations. In an effort to provide clarity to the public, the CCSD BOE President may allow for clarifying questions from the public after each Workshop Meeting presentation in accordance with the following:
- A. Time allotted for questions and answers will not exceed five (5) minutes in total duration for each Workshop Presentation.
- B. Only clarifying questions about the presentation contents will be taken.
- C. Comments and concerns should be expressed only during public comment periods.
- D. If questions are allowed, questioners will raise their hand to be recognized by the BOE President and will stand and clearly state their name and question.
- E. The BOE President will direct the appropriate individual to answer the question.
Policy reference: Regular Board Meetings and Rules (Quorum and Parliamentary Procedure) #1510