Goals and Priorities 2019–2020
Goal – Fiscal (FG): The District will ensure long-term financial sustainability by maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of resources
- Priority : Manage Phase I and Implement Phase II of the Capital Project
- Priority : Ensure that staffing adequately meets the programmatic needs and fiscal realities of the District
- Priority : Explore what future capital projects may be needed.
Goal – Wellness (WG): The District will create a culture and programs that promote intellectual, physical, and psychological well-being.
- Priority : Develop and implement and periodically reassess wellness strategies to address the well-being and mental health needs of all students.
- Priority : Reduce chronic student absenteeism.
- Priority : Inform and educate all staff, families, community members, and students on those strategies.
Goal – Academic (AG): Through data-driven and rigorous programming, our school community will foster and inspire our students’ full potential, advancing their postgraduate preparedness.
- Priority : Improve the fidelity, continuity, and rigor of K-12 instruction to increase student success and prepare for Next Generation and NYS Science Learning Standards.
- Priority : Maintain academic programming (K-12) that is comprehensive and meets the needs of ALL students.
- Priority : Assess whether K-12 grading policy and practices are fair, consistent, and accurately represent student progress.
Goal – Safety (SG): The District will make responsible efforts to promote the safety and security of our District students, staff and visitors while on campus through the mitigation of potential threats and risk reduction.
- Priority : Enhance the security of District facilities.
- Priority : Foster a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Priority : Develop and implement strategies to mitigate potential threats. Inform and educate all staff, families, community members, and students on relevant strategies.
Adopted by Board of Education August 27, 2019