On May 18, 2021, Chatham Central School District voters elected Christopher Spencer and Beth Hover to the Board of Education.
May 18, 2021 Voting Results
Proposition #1 2021-22 School Budget: PASSED 461 yes – 159 No
Proposition #2 Student Representative on the Board of Education: PASSED 560 yes – 58 No
Board of Education Candidates:
Christopher Spencer: 383 – three-year term running July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2024
Beth Hover: 373 – one-year term running May 19, 2021 – June 30, 2022
Denise Barry: 335
There were three candidates running for two open seats* on the Board of Education. The highest vote getter was elected to a three-year term. The candidate who received the second most votes was elected to a one-year term (this shorter term fills the remainder of a term left vacant by a resignation).
The 2021 candidates appeared on the ballot in the following order:
* There are fewer seats open on the Board in 2021 due to a planned reduction of the size of the Board from nine to seven members, which voters approved in 2020.
The following seats are to be filled on the Board of Education:
- A 3-year term commencing July 1, 2021 and expiring June 30, 2024 (there is only one full term up for election this year due to the voter-approved reduction of board seats)
- A 1-year term commencing May 19, 2021 – expiring June 30, 2022 (to fill the unexpired term of Meghan Charron)
To be eligible to vote you must be:
- A citizen of the United States 18 years of age or older
- A resident of the Chatham Central School District for a period of 30 days or more directly preceding the date of the vote
- Registered to vote with either the School District or the Columbia County Board of Elections
2021-22 School Budget
Information about the 2021-22 school budget is available on our Budget Information page.