(April 19th, 2021)
Dear CMS Remote Families,
We are approaching the time for New York State’s grade 6-8 assessments in English Language Arts and Math and grade 8 assessments in Science. Test information for remote students is as follows:
English Language Arts
April 26, 2021 Computer based for all grades
May 3, 2021 Computer based for all grades
TBD Grade 8 only
- Please complete your child’s health screening. It will be sent to you in an email that you will receive on testing days. No one is allowed in the building without a health screening.
- Students MUST be dropped off between 8:30 am and 8:45 am on test day at the rear of the MED. Anyone arriving past 8:45 will not be allowed to take the test.
- While students may take as long as they need to complete the test, your child may potentially be ready to be picked up as early as 9:30am. Please be available to pick up your child between 9:30 am and 12:30 pm.
- Please be sure you and your child wear masks, as mask wearing is required at all times while on District property.
- Please drop your child off at room 105 in the rear of the MED. To access the rear of the building you will proceed to the right of the loading dock. There is a small sign directing you to the “district offices.”
- Chromebooks will be provided for your child to use for testing. No need for your child to bring his/her own from home.
- Students do not need to bring anything with them. They can bring their own water bottle if they desire.
You can support your child’s success by:
Making sure your child is well rested
Ensuring your child has eaten a nutritious breakfast
Pledging to have your child arrive at school on time
Thank you in advance for your aid and support. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call.