October 19-23 was School Board Recognition Week.
As Board members, Craig Simmons (President), Patricia Wilson (Vice President), Denise Barry, Muriel Faxon, Matthew Fisch, Destiny Hallenbeck, and Beth Hover take on one of the most important citizen responsibilities – overseeing the education of our community’s children. As volunteers, they do not receive any compensation for the important work they do, which includes:
- Creating a shared vision for the future of education
- Setting the direction of our District to achieve the highest student performance
- Providing accountability for student achievement results
- Developing a budget and present it to the community
- Aligning District resources to improve achievement
- Supporting a healthy school culture in which to work and to learn
- And much more!
Recognizing school board member service should be a year-round endeavor!