(October 1, 2020)
Greetings Chatham Families,
It was great to see our students this week! I am looking forward to next week’s start of the hybrid schedule. I have attached a calendar for the month of October that I hope you will find useful. I have also attached our bell schedule that we will utilize moving forward. I also would like to provide our students with some procedural information for next week.
October 5 – Practices and Procedures for In-person Learning
- Families can help us tremendously here. Please complete and submit the Health Screen
Questionnaire which is emailed to you each morning. It is only a four question survey. YOU
ONLY NEED TO FILL OUT THE SURVEY AND TAKE A TEMPERATURE ON DAYS YOU
ARE SCHEDULED TO ATTEND. This will save us valuable time in the morning. Those
students who have not submitted the questionnaire will need to be cleared via a temperature check
before they may enter the building. Based on the feedback I am receiving from other schools,
there will be glitches in this process. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we
work through this TOGETHER.
- When students arrive at school there will be three options to enter the building:
– Students who walk will enter the building by the band room near the tennis courts.
– All bus riders will enter the building via the main entrance.
– All drop-offs and drivers will enter the building via the entrance closest to the hill in front of the
building, near the overhead doors.
- We will begin screening students for entry into the building at 7:35 a.m.
- Once a student is cleared to enter the building, walkers and bus riders should report to the auditorium. Drivers and drop-offs should report to the cafeteria. Breakfast will be available in both locations.
- Students may report to their 1st period classroom beginning at 7:45 a.m., however, students may remain in the auditorium or cafeteria to work on their Chromebooks or listen to music until the bell rings for 1st period at 7:55 a.m. All students should move to 1st period at the bell. Classes will begin at 7:58 a.m.
- Masks will be worn throughout the day. Breaks will be provided periodically during the school day.
Please follow the directions of the adults working with students in a given area. If students do not have a mask, we do have a limited supply of extras.
- When traveling the hallways in-between classes, please observe the following guidelines:
– Masks are worn in hallways AT ALL TIMES.
– Stay on the right side of the hallway.
– Please stay socially distanced. There are floor markings to assist with traffic patterns and
appropriate distancing. In general, if you can reach out and touch someone in the hallway, you are
traveling too closely together.
- We will work hard to make this process as efficient as possible. As I stated in our morning meetings
with students, we may need to make changes to our daily operations and we will communicate those days with all stakeholders as we learn through experience.Thanks once again, for your patience and understanding. Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.
John T. Thorsen
High School Principal