(September 24, 2020)
WELCOME BACK CHS STUDENTS!
We are so excited to have you back in the building! The following communication will hopefully provide you some clarification for next week. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
HYBRID MODEL ORIENTATION DAYS SCHEDULE
Monday, September 28 -Freshmen -A Day
Tuesday, September 29 – Sophomores – B Day
Wednesday, September 30 – Juniors – A Day
Thursday, October 1 – Seniors – B Day
Friday, October 2 – Full Remote – A Day
- PLEASE NOTE: students will not be permitted to enter the building before 7:30 a.m.
- Only students who chose in-person instruction for the 1st quarter attend
- Students report at normal times. The agenda begins at 8 a.m.
- Busses will be running.
- Remote students remain on a 2-hour delay schedule. Follow directions from your specific classes for the week.
- Families can help us tremendously starting next week! Please complete and submit the Health
Screen Questionnaire which is emailed to you each morning. It is only a four question survey. YOU ONLY NEED TO FILL OUT THE SURVEY AND TAKE A TEMPERATURE ON DAYS YOU ARE SCHEDULED TO ATTEND. This will save us valuable time in the morning. Those students who have not submitted the questionnaire will need to be cleared via a temperature check before they may enter the building. Based on the feedback I am receiving from other schools, there will be glitches in this process. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we work through this TOGETHER.
- When students arrive at school there will be three options to enter the building:
o Students who walk will enter the building by the band room near the tennis courts.
o All bus riders will enter the building via the main entrance.
o All drop-offs and drivers will enter the building via the entrance closest to the hill in front of the
building, near the overhead doors.
Keep in mind weather; the forecast is predicting rain. Screenings may take a few minutes to complete, so please dress accordingly.
- There will be signage and staff available to help students find their way.
- Students with the last names beginning A-L will report to the auditorium.
- Students with the last names beginning M-Z will report to the cafeteria.
- Students will follow their daily schedules after morning meetings.
- Breakfast and lunch will be served. Social distancing will be maintained.
- Masks will be worn throughout the day. Breaks will be provided periodically during the school day. Please follow the directions of the adults you are working with in a given area. If students do not have a mask, we do have a limited supply of extras.
- When traveling the hallways in-between classes, please observe the following guidelines:
o Masks are worn in hallways AT ALL TIMES.
o Stay on the right side of the hallway.
o Please stay socially distanced. There are floor markings to assist with traffic patterns and appropriate distancing. In general, if you can reach out and touch someone in the hallway, you are traveling too closely together.
- Your cooperation is key to our success!
CAREER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION (CTE) STUDENTS / QUESTAR III
- Students who attend the vocational program at Questar can choose to attend either program next week. We have communicated with our teachers and with administration at the Hudson Educational Center. Any absences will be excused.
A.M. CTE Students
- If you choose to attend your Questar classes in the morning, you will arrive back at CHS for 3rd period. We will get all of the information from the morning meetings to you.
- If you choose to attend CHS for the entire day, you will join the morning meeting with your classmates and then attend study halls periods 1-4. You would then follow your class schedule for periods 5-9.
P.M. CTE Students
- All of you may attend our morning meetings from 8-10 a.m. The regular bus run will take you to the Hudson Educational Center at the end of period 2. Lunch will be provided. You will be excused from your period 3 and 4 classes.
Students in the Questar programs should not be concerned about missing meeting times here at CHS. We will make sure we get all pertinent information to you in a timely fashion.