(September 10, 2020)
Dear grade 7-12 athletes,
I hope the start of the 2020-21 school year finds you well. On September 9, the New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) announced its decision for the Fall, 2020 interscholastic athletic season.
For all soccer, cross country, golf, and girls tennis teams, the season starts Monday, September 21. If you intend to play one of these sports, please sign up as soon as possible through Chatham’s FamilyID (view instructions below).
Football, girls volleyball, and cheerleading, which NYS has deemed high-risk activities under its COVID-19 guidelines, have been moved to an abbreviated “Fall Sports Season II” beginning March 1, 2021. Sign ups for these sports will take place closer to the start of that season.
To accommodate this change, the start date for traditional spring sports will be pushed back to late April, 2021. Winter sports are tentatively scheduled to begin November 30, 2020.
We will be sharing more information, including spectator guidelines for the Patroon Conference, shortly.
For questions, please contact me at brantleyJ@chatham.k12.ny.us or 518-392-1585.
Thank you and Go Panthers!
FALL SPORTS SIGN UP INFORMATION
The Chatham Athletics Department uses the convenience of online registration through FamilyID (www.familyid.com). FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER:
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration. – Doctor information, Health History, Emergency Contact numbers, etc.
REGISTRATION PROCESS: – OPENED NOW
HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS – B/G SOCCER, GOLF, GIRLS TENNIS, B/G CROSS COUNTRY
MODIFIED SPORTS – B/G SOCCER, B/G CROSS COUNTRY
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link:
Follow these steps:
(Previous participants – see DIRECTIONS FOR RETURNING FAMILIES)
- To find your program, click on the link provided by the Organization above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the green Register Nowbutton and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continuebutton when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
No Payment Required
- Click the green Submitbutton. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
DIRECTIONS FOR RETURNING FAMILIES
You may use the information you submitted in previous seasons to save time with future registrations. Please use the following steps:
1) Click on the Current Season registration form on your school’s FamilyID
Landing page. https://www.familyid.com/chatham-athletics
2) Login using the e-mail address and password you created previously (do not create a new account)
3) Choose the sport.
4) Click on”Add Participant Below or Click to Select” and pick your child’s name.
5) Update health and demographic information, if necessary.
6) Sign-off on seasonal agreements.
7) Save and Submit
ANY UPDATED PHYSICALS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO THE SCHOOL NURSE
****ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING REGISTRATIONS, please email athletic director John Brantley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 518-392-1585.