We are in the height of cold and flu season …
A few friendly reminders…
Please DO NOT send your child to school if he/she has or has had:
- Fever more than 100 degrees within the last 24 hours-Must be fever free without any medication for a full 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the last 24 hours
- Continuous coughing not relieved with cough medicine
The health office is not allowed to give ANY medication without:
- A signed order from a physician, and
- Signed parental permission, and
- The medication in its original labeled package or prescription bottle
This includes ALL over the counter medications, even cough drops. Medication authorization forms are available on the district website.
As many people are getting colds and the flu we would greatly appreciate your assistance in preventing the spread of illness in our school. Please help us teach your children good health habits to protect themselves as well as others:
- Plenty of rest and nutritious food are needed
- Do not eat or drink from the same utensil or container after someone else
- Keep hydrated by drinking a lot of healthy fluids (soda does not count)
- When coughing or sneezing, cover the nose and mouth by coughing or sneezing into a tissue or a bent elbow.
- Practice frequent handwashing with soap and water. If soap and water aren’t available, hand sanitizer may be used. HAND WASHING IS THE BEST WAY TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF GERMS. Wash, wash, wash those hands! (sing happy birthday to yourself two times while washing and the germs will be sure to go away.
Since students need to be picked up when they become ill at school we need current telephone numbers. Please inform the school immediately of any change in your telephone number(s) so that we can be able to contact you when needed.
Thank you in advance for working with us to keep students and staff healthy and in school.