October 4-10, CMS is showing anti-bully videos to all students and having classroom-level discussions surrounding the topics in the videos. At the end of the week, students will sign anti-bullying contracts.
- October 4th – Stamp out Bullying.org: Tanika Ray
Discussion: Do you know anyone that has been cyberbullied?
- October 7th – PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center: This I Believe
Discussion: What can you do to help prevent bullying?
- October 8th – Childnet International: Let’s Fight It Together
Discussion: How do we make Chatham a school where everyone feels safe and connected?
- October 9th – The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio: Rethink Labels
Discussion: List two things you can do to help everyone feel included.
- October 10th – How Growing Up Looking Different Taught Me Compassion
Discussion: List two reasons why someone would make fun of someone who looks different than he or she does.