This past Saturday, June 15th, Chatham held its 9th Annual St. Baldrick’s Event in the Chatham High School gymnasium. The event was organized by student government president, senior Jenna Skype. Numerous people had their heads shaved to raise funds and awareness for the St. Baldrick’s Foundation. They raised over $3000, all of which will go to the foundation, which will use it for research efforts to cure childhood cancers.
Special thanks to:
- Shear Images owner Shannon Steltz and associate Madison Jackson for volunteering their time and expertise to shave heads.
- The Chatham Softball Team for donating their time
- Lauren Wrigley for being the event MC
- Mike Loomis and Judy Skype for being the event treasurers
- The Columbia County Sheriff’s office for their generous donation and group who came out to get shaved.
- Marka O’Connell for raising the most money as a shavee and for participating so many years in a row
- Kneller Insurance Agency for a generous donation.
- Chatham Central School District teachers and staff for their donations.
Special thanks also to the following businesses that provided items for the silent auction:
- Our Daily Bread
- The Crow Cottage
- Lea’s Clothing Boutique
- Glint by Joane Cornell
- Bimi’s Cheese Shop
- The Warm Ewe
- Van Alstyne Fine Jewelry and Gifts
- The Chatham Brewery
- Willow and Oak
- Chatham Bookstore