CHS January Regents/Midterm Procedures
- Regents and local midterms and finals will be held Tuesday, January 22nd through Friday, January 25th. Students will be allowed into the auditorium at 7:15 a.m. The auditorium will be monitored throughout the day. Work tables will be provided. Students will not be allowed to roam the building during the exam periods. Any students who are here for review sessions will be escorted from the auditorium to the classroom.
- The morning Regents exams begin at 8:00 and the afternoon Regents at 12:00. Students will not be allowed into a morning Regents exam after 10:00 a.m. The afternoon deadline for arrival is 2:00 p.m. Students will not be permitted to leave a morning Regents exam before 10:00 a.m. or before 2:00 p.m. for an afternoon Regents.
- There are three sessions for Local midterms and finals. The time frames are 8:00-10:00 a.m., 10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m., and 12:30-2:30 p.m.. Students are expected to stay in mid-term/final exams for at least an hour.
- If a student has an emergency or unforeseen circumstance that makes it impossible to attend a local mid-term or final, the attempt should be made by the student or family to notify the school ahead of time to work out a solution.
- There are no make-ups for Regents exams.
- Students should report all conflicts to the guidance office and their teachers in order to schedule alternate testing times and locations. Regents exams always take precedence over local midterms or finals.
- All electronic devices are prohibited in the exam area. If any student is found to be in possession of an electronic device during the exam period, a grade of “0” may be issued. It is important that we maintain a secure testing environment. If a student has a device on their person prior to the exam, they will be asked to turn it in at the beginning of the testing period. The school is not responsible for the security of these devices. The wise decision would be for students to leave the devices at home.
- The bussing schedule will remain the same for the exam period. There will be no mid-day transportation available. Late busses will run on schedule. However, students need to sign up for late bus before 10:30 a.m. in the main office. Any student who needs to stay after 3:30 p.m. should arrange for their own transportation home. The auditorium will be provided for students to study during exam breaks. Students will not be permitted to wander the halls during the exam period.
- Throughout Exams Week a light breakfast will be available in the main lobby from 7:30 – 8:00, and sandwiches will be served for lunch from 11:30 – 12:30.
- In the case of inclement weather, students and families should monitor the local news and the school website. Additionally, the school emergency information line (518-392-2400 option 2) will inform families of delays or cancellations. Specific information regarding testing will be provided.