If you need assistance in the application or interview process, please notify our Human Resources Office at 518-392-1501.
Teaching & Professional Vacancies:
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER – Starting September 2018. Elementary level, F/T tenure track position. NYS Special Education certification required. Apply on www.OLASjobs.org/capital. Attach letter, resume, 2 ref letters and copy of certification. Deadline to Apply: June 15, 2018
PSYCHOLOGIST COACH – 2018-2019 school year. The Chatham Central School District is a child-centered, Pk-12 school system which serves roughly 1050 students in the village of Chatham, NY. The District seeks a highly qualified school psychologist to serve as a one year staff developer using a Consultation Model. The preferred candidate will have:
- Current Certification as a NYS School Psychologist.
- Professional development capacity working directly with instructional staff in a Consultation Model on issues such as: student behavior, Tier I, II and III intervention strategies, wellness, executive function coaching, and school-wide programs such as: Second Step, PBIS, Trauma Informed Schools, Restorative Practices, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Model, and Mindfulness.
- Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with a wide range of professionals including teachers, administrators, and information technology staff.
- Willingness to engage in turn-key training in new best-practice application of research methods.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Working to increase the ability and capacity of instructional staff to address the increasing mental health needs of our student population.
- Working to increase the resiliency and emotional strength of our students through the implementation of District-wide strategies, such as Trauma-Informed Schools, Second Steps, and/or Positive Behavioral Intervention Strategies, and through increased parent outreach and education.
- Development of a three-tiered mental-health intervention plan (RTI), including Tier I intervention strategies for use by classroom teachers in collaboration with a team of district and community mental health professionals.
- Provide training to teachers in the following areas: 1) recognizing significant mental health concerns in students; 2) tiered mental health intervention strategies; and 3) resiliency-building strategies.
- Guide the District through a study and/or adoption of building(s)-wide behavioral strategies if deemed necessary by stakeholders group.
Salary/benefits based on experience and qualification. Apply on www.OLASjobs.org/capital. Deadline 6/21/18.
SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST – F/T, tenure track position starting fall 2018. Must possess NYS School Psychologist certification. If interested, apply on www.OLASjobs.org/capital and upload letter, resume, graduate transcripts, 2 reference letters & copy of cert. Deadline: June 21, 2018
ELEMENTARY ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL – The Chatham Central School District, Chatham, New York, a progressive and child-centered district with an involved community, seeks qualified candidates to fill the role of 12-month Elementary Assistant Principal. Preferred candidates will demonstrate knowledge of curriculum and a record of successful instructional leadership, effective student management, and strong communication and organizational skills. Experience working at the elementary level preferred. Anticipated start date is July 2, 2018. NYS Certification required. Must obtain and/or be eligible for SBL or SAS. Apply online at www.olasjobs.org/capital, and attach letter, resume, certification, copy of transcripts, and three letters of reference. Deadline to apply: 6/13/18.
SCIENCE TEACHER, MIDDLE SCHOOL – Earth Science and General Science 7-12 certification required. F/T tenure track position starting fall 2018. Apply on www.OLASjobs.org/capital. Deadline 6/12/18.
ART TEACHER – 1.0 FTE art teacher, elementary level, tenure track position starting fall 2018. Art certification required. Apply on www.OLASjobs.org/capital. Deadline 6/12/18.
SUBSTITUTE NURSES – Nurses needed in each of the Chatham Central School buildings on per-diem substitute basis. $20 per hour (7 hrs/day). NYS Registered Nurse license required. Orientation training provided. Call 518-392-1501 for application.TEACHING SUBSTITUTES – We are currently accepting applications for all substitute teaching positions. If you are interested in per-diem substitute teaching please complete a Substitute Teacher Application Form and submit it to the Superintendent’s Office, Chatham Central School District, 50 Woodbridge Avenue, Chatham, NY 12037.
SUBSTITUTE CLEANERS – Needed on a per-diem basis, M-F, 6-8 hrs/night between the hours of 2:00 & 10:00 p.m. Call 518-392-1501 for application or download Non-Teaching Employment Application and submit to Sal DeAngelo, Superintendent, Chatham Central Schools, 50 Woodbridge Avenue, Chatham, NY 12037.
SUBSTITUTE CAFETERIA WORKERS – $10.50/hr. Must complete fingerprint process through NYS Education Dept. Send completed Non-Teaching Employment Application to Superintendents Office, Chatham Central Schools, 50 Woodbridge, Chatham, NY 12037.
SUBSTITUTE BUS DRIVERS – Needed on per-diem basis. Must have clean driving record. Will train. $18.82/hour. Call Chatham School Bus Garage at 518-392-1520.
SUBSTITUTES – We are currently accepting applications for all substitute positions. If you are interested in being a per diem substitute for any non-teaching position, please complete a Non-Teaching Employment Application and submit it to the Superintendent’s Office, Chatham Central School District, 50 Woodbridge Avenue, Chatham, NY 12037.
Want to become a Chatham Panthers Coach?
Being a coach is both an important and rewarding position. There are several NYS and District requirements placed on prospective coaches that must be met prior to your being appointed. In order to help our prospective coaches navigate this process, we provide information on our Coaching Requirements resource page…